If you are a resident of Pennsylvania, or a missionary overseas, you can now receive professional & Biblical counseling from Foundations from your own home!
WHY VIDEO BASED COUNSELING
Foundations’ Video Counseling (aka ChristLine Counseling), is an expansion of our ministry to help individuals and couples from their own homes or office environments. At times, transportation issues, weather issues, or other health issues may get in the way of attending a regular office visit for counseling. Video Counseling (also called telehealth is also for those with who prefer to save money on gas or who may be away on a trip. Though in-person counseling is preferred, Video Counseling is the next best option. In order to provide the best care, Foundations uses the wecounsel platform for our Video Counseling Services.
WHO CAN USE VIDEO COUNSELING
Video Counseling is best used for teens and adults for individual sessions or for marriage counseling. Child counseling can only be accomplished well in an office visit as play therapy and activities are typically a part of therapy. We also provide Group Therapy services as well.
WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW FOR VIDEO COUNSELING
Confidentiality: We are committed to confidentiality!
- In order to maintain the highest level of confidentiality, you will need to be in a room free of distraction and where others cannot hear you. Your counselor will also be in a room free of distraction so you may have his or her undivided attention.
- Our Video Counseling services are HIPAA Compliant, and therefore meet the highest standards of Mental Health and Medical Care throughout the United States.
Computer and Wi-Fi
Here are a list of covered devices:
- Desktop/Laptop Computer (Mac or PC)
- Mobile Device (Android or IOS)
- Tablet (IOS, Surface, Android, Chromebook)
These devices should meet the following requirements:
- 3 years old or newer
- Equipped with camera
- Equipped with microphone
- Connected to the internet with a stable, high speed connection
We recommend upload and download connection speeds of at least 3 Mbps, to test your internet speed, go here.
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
Keep your browser updated with the latest upgrades to optimize performance. Please keep in mind that your computer’s security settings may interfere with the wecounsel platform. Please ensure individual settings allow for application downloads and that wecounsel is defined as an exception to any firewalls or other security barriers.
- IOS (iPad/iPhone) – Download app (Once complete, DO NOT open. Just navigate to your internet browser and login to wecounsel.)
- Android- Login to wecounsel on Chrome Browser
- Chromebook- Login to wecounsel on Chrome Browser
- SurfacePro- Make sure camera drivers are up to date and login to wecounsel on Chrome Browser
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
We’re glad you asked!
You can log onto our new website, www.christlinecounseling.com and click on “Our Counselors” or you can go directly to their scheduling page:
For men or couples, click on our counselor’s name, Jim Lane.
For women or couples, click on our counselor’s name, Janet Lanton.
After clicking on either name, select “Request a Session” or “Message Me” to set up a time with the counselor. It’s that simple!