If you are in need of Christ-centered counseling here in the US (exclude NH or CA), or a missionary overseas, you can now receive professional & Biblical counseling from Foundations from your own home!
WHY VIDEO BASED COUNSELING
Foundations’ Video Counseling is an expansion of our ministry to help individuals and couples from their own homes or office environments. At times, transportation issues, weather issues, or other health issues may get in the way of attending a regular office visit for counseling. Video Counseling (also called TeleHealth) is also for those who prefer to save money on gas or who may be away on a trip. Though in-person counseling is preferred, video counseling is the next best option.
WHO CAN USE VIDEO COUNSELING
Video Counseling is best used for teens and adults for individual sessions or for marriage counseling. Child counseling is best accomplished in an office visit as play therapy and activities are typically a part of therapy, however our creative child counselor can work with the parent for family therapy.
WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW FOR VIDEO COUNSELING
Confidentiality: We are committed to confidentiality!
- In order to maintain the highest level of confidentiality, you will need to be in a room free of distraction and where others cannot hear you. Your counselor will also be in a room free of distraction so you may have his or her undivided attention.
- Our Video Counseling services are HIPAA Compliant, and therefore meet the highest standards of Mental Health and Medical Care throughout the United States.
Computer and Wi-Fi
Here are a list of covered devices:
- Desktop/Laptop Computer (Mac or PC)
- Mobile Device (Android or IOS)
- Tablet (IOS, Surface, Android, Chromebook)
These devices should meet the following requirements:
- 3 years old or newer
- Equipped with camera
- Equipped with microphone
- Connected to the internet with a stable, high speed connection
We recommend upload and download connection speeds of at least 3 Mbps, to test your internet speed, go here.
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
We’re glad you asked! You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 877-414-HOPE and we can schedule you with one of our qualified counselors.